Cats And Dogs
It isn’t often that our furry friends get sick or feel under the weather – and sometimes, they seem so enthusiastic and energetic, that we can hardly tell when things are bothering them. But behind the wagging tail or purring nudges, Fido or Fluffy may need a little human tender loving care. My vet recommends the following five types of pet meds to help keep my dogs and cats feeling their best, year-round:
Flea, Tick and Heartworm Medicines Keep Parasites at Bay
If your cat or dog goes outdoors, or even if they don’t, you or your furry friend may unknowingly bring pests into your home, including fleas and ticks. These biting nuisances, in addition to being an aggravation for your pet, can also carry diseases such as Lyme Disease. Therefore, it’s a good idea to keep a flea and tick preventative on hand as one of your go-to pet meds when the weather warms up and your pets are eager to go outside to play and prowl.
Heartworm medicine is another must-have and even though it’s generally found in dogs, cats can also carry this condition. Contrary to popular belief, the worms in heartworm don’t actually affect the heart, rather they clog the arteries in the lungs, leading to distressed breathing and other medical issues. Fortunately, today’s pet meds are designed to be easy to give to your furry friends. Many come in simple spot treatments that last for months, and some medicines can be given as flavored “treats” so your pet doesn’t wise up to the fact that he’s taking a pill.
Arthritis and Pain Medicine Stave Off the Effects of Old Age
Our pets age considerably faster than we do, which means that they can feel the effects of old age, such as stiff and painful joints, much sooner than their human counterparts. The good news is that you can help slow the pain and stiffness of arthritis and other types of pain and inflammation with both prescription and non-prescription pet meds. These supplements are available as flavored food sprinkles, pills, liquid and tablets which can easily be tucked into a bite of cheese or a piece of tuna. They’re designed in such a way as to prevent further deterioration of the joints, so that your pet can feel (and move) like a youngster again.
Vitamins and Supplements
This may not count under “pet meds” but it’s still a vital part of your pet’s health and well-being. Popular choices include glucosamine supplements, multivitamins and first-aid as well as grooming aids to prevent hairballs (in cats). The right vitamins and minerals can go a long way in improving your pet’s coat, teeth, joints and flexibility. Plus, they’re available as both crunchy and soft chew varieties, making “take your vitamins” time feel more like a reward.
My medicine cabinet is always stocked with these pet meds for my dogs and cats, and it has not only saved me money, but improved the quality of life for my … Read More
Which Are Smarter Pets – Cats Or Dogs?
We come up with a lots of jokes about the war involving the species, though the truth is that thousands of cats and dogs live together successfully. While it is no huge problem after awhile, the introductions and also the first couple of days of dog and cat cohabitation are critical. You do not want to just allow them to work it out independently.
– Sneezing cats and dogs should have been infected with a short-lived flu or cold
– The symptoms may disappear of their very own accord, plus your companion will be better than ever
– However, if inaction were a cure-all, the home would clean itself
– There is always the possibility that these simple symptoms are warning signs of a greater problem on the horizon
– By ignoring the symptoms, you may well be escalating the misery of one’s favorite pet
– And worse, your dog or cat keeps sneezing
Solving the Pet Overpopulation Crisis
1. Think about keeping your adored family pet at home and finding out how to care for them.
2. Just like whenever you became new parents you needed much to find out.
3. Not only will you be saving a lot of cash you may be developing a loving bond.
4. A that grows stronger when you practice the top in the home pet care. – There are owners who consider themselves “cat people,” while some consider themselves to get “dog people,” and several have been in the middle and relate with both cats and dogs
– Those who are strictly cat people enjoy taking care of cats precisely as a result of famous feline independence
– Dog people, conversely, apparently welcome the companionship of the animal have a tendency to really wants to be with them
– Those who enjoy both have a special gift that enables them to relate with two vastly various kinds of animal psychology
* What ever it is you won’t stop till you find out.
* You are a great and caring pert owner and also you want the top for your newest loved one.
* Pass this information along to your children.
* How empowered they will feel with the ability to provide their pet with comfort and security.
* The same kind they crave being a toddler who needs their parents.… Read More
Can Dogs and Cats Live Together?
Eleven million domestic cats and dogs are killed within the Untied States each and every year and alarmingly the amount carries on growing annually. It used to be 10 million, inspire 11,000,000. That is 11,000,000 lives that are extinguished simply because don’t have a house that wants them. They are healthy animals that need to live out an extended and happy, healthy, loved life which is cut short as there is no one who wants them.
– There are some dogs which will ‘t be kept with cats
– Dogs using a strong hunting heritage may always view cats as prey and could never be able to be trusted with any small animals
– In addition to hunting dogs, terriers including Jack Russells and pitbulls in many cases are poor companions for cats
– These dogs have an incredibly strong predatory instinct; they chase and attack moving objects without considering whom or what are the object may be
– Cats and other small pets are merely an excessive amount of a temptation because of these dogs
What Is the Greatest Sin?
When you carry it home, the cat really needs its own room. Even a bathroom will continue to work. Let the cat get settled for any day, and make certain you and also other housemates spend more time it in the room. After its settled a little, bring your new puppy in the room, leashed, and allow it to go watch th kitten for a bit. If you are working together with simply a small bathroom, put the dog on the leash and convey the cat in to the main room. – The earliest accounts of pets will be in the eighteenth century in South America, when some locals reported about seeing a strange looking cat, without hair
– Later, many people in Paraguay confirmed seeing a types of cats which are hairless, however some locals were not sure in the event the pets they saw were a brand new hairless types of cats, or some other small wild animal
Many a veterinarians and animal lovers showed recipe books about pet foods. Some of the best cook books that may be referred for dog and cat foods are Barker’s Grub: Easy, Wholesome Home- Cooking For Dogs by Rudy Edalati, Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats by Kymythy Schultze, The Natural Pet Food Cook Book: Healthy Recipes for Dogs & Cats by Wendy Nan Rees, Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way by Mark Beckloff & Dan Dye, The Kitty Treats Cookbook by Michele Bledsoe, Michael Walton & Kelly Schaefer.… Read More
The very first couple of weeks using a new pet are thrilling. It’s exciting to bring a brand new animal into your household. Needless to say, although the approach is entertaining, it may also be a lot of work. It is not a good thought to bring house a new pet with out 1st taking time to prepare. These recommendations will help you make sure that your property is prepared for that new cat or dog.
When you have other pets, they might not be as excited concerning the new household addition as you might be. Other cats and dogs are frequently jealous with the new pet, which can result in anger and aggravation. It can be a superb idea to keep the older pets and also the new animal separate for a tiny whilst until you realize they may get along. Take into account keeping the old pets outside when you go to get the new animal and then introduce them gradually. Be certain you closely supervise all interactions in between your old pets and new pet for a number of days. Older pets might also want a little added enjoy at this time, so pay attention to absolutely everyone, not just the new pet.
In a new environment, even a housebroken animal may have accidents. If you have a new puppy or kitten, the situation will likely be even worse. Prepare for accidents in advance considering the fact that you realize they are bound to occur. Buy a powerful cleaner. Enzyme cleaners usually work most effective given that they get rid of all traces of pet odor. Don’t forget that your pets have a stronger sense of smell than you. Any traces of smell can result in additional accidents. Also take away any pricey rugs in the floor until the new pet is fully trained.
You may also would like to make certain that you simply have other important items on hand. The new animal will need to have someplace to sleep. Consider purchasing bedding just before bringing the new animal home. Toys and treats are a different terrific strategy to assist them really feel at house. Make a list of everything you will need and choose it up ahead of time in order that you won’t have to be concerned about it. A little bit preparedness will make adjusting to a new pet a great deal much easier.
Bringing a brand new pet home is quite fascinating. Should you program and prepare correctly, it can also be an incredibly enjoyable encounter. By creating certain you have got the items you may need, it is possible to stay away from a late night run to the retailer. Take time for you to prepare your house so that you could love the time along with your new pet devoid of worrying about anything.… Read More
Seal point male ready on the 22nd December. Vaccinated and microchipped. Microchip number 956000006258336. Please no emails, telephone calls only.
I just bought four green spotted puffers from walmart, not understanding they are brakish, and added them to my freshwater tank along with my two kissing fish and big pleco. A single GSP has currently died. So i purchased some aquarium salt. I also purchased two fiddler crabs, ten ghost shrimp, and two live plants with a couple of really small snails on them. I just require to know 1st off if i add aquarium salt will this kill my kissing fish and/or my pleco? I’ve had them for a little over a year and have grown fond of them and don’t want to kill them. Also, how a lot salt do I add? I have a 55 gallon tank. Thanks for all your help.
BRIDGE MODIFIED FOR Further WIDTH: We modified the bridge as shown in the image to make it wider to accommodate a rat who grew clumsy thanks to a head tilt. We removed the hinge and put the two halves of the bridge side by side, attaching them collectively with three straight brackets and 12 small screws. This doubled the width, which is what we wanted, and halved the length of the bridge, which was fine for our wants at the time.
Web sites like and have found a new niche as singles flock to computer systems and smartphones to discover relationships, connecting dog owners to potential mates who get pleasure from lengthy walks in the dog park and slobbery canine kisses as significantly as they do. Several of the websites encourage users to bring their dogs on initial dates to break the ice or size up canine chemistry.
Had to study this as developing up we had good pals who had an African Grey. Everybody loved that bird. Nellie would chatter and interact and she was a family members member for as lengthy as I can don’t forget. It was usually a treat visiting our buddies and we were all sad when she died. Great hub with loads of useful info. Love the pics as well!… Read More